Originating as a local sorority in 1951, Delta Omega was installed as the third sorority on campus with 19 charter members by President Wilma Smith Leland (Tau Chapter, University of Minnesota). The chapter quickly established itself and won the JWH Cup in 1971. The Delta Omega Chapter has been a Ruby chapter several times and won JWH back to back in 1999 and 2001. Additionally, the chapter was recognized with three Excellence Awards last year, earning of the six Chapter Excellence chapters. Numerous campus honors have included recognition for Homecoming, All-Campus Sing, and scholarship. Members have been involved in student government and Order of Omega, and have served as Homecoming queen and Miss MSU. Annual events include raising money for the AOII Foundation and hosting a Red Rose formal, a brunch for alumnae, Parents Weekend, and coordinating the Mr. MSU philanthropy pageant for the past 30 years.